Love List: Sweet Summertime

It is feeling very summery here in Hotlanta, where the temps are rising & mosquitoes are trying to eat us alive. We are trying to plan lots of summer fun before this carefree season slips away from us. 

You may have already caught a glimpse of Harper going to town on this watermelon slice, but there is plenty more where that came from! I've never seen a kid love something so much. She ate this piece of watermelon all the way down to the rind & cried her little eyes out when I took it away. It was a hot ass mess & landed us both in the bath tub, but well worth it for these priceless pictures.

Headband

Seriously, look at the watermelon juice dripping down her juicy little arm rolls. I can't even.
And yes, she had to squat down every time she took a big bite.
 


 Aside from watermelon on a stick, here are a few things that are currently making me feel summery! We'll call it the Summery Seven! :)
1. Baseball Tees. I love wearing them with cutoffs or even over my swimsuit. Loving this VS lace one & these super comfy ones with lots of color options.
2. Fresh fruit. Our grocery stores have had the most delicious fresh fruit lately & we can't get enough! Each week after I grocery shop, I wash all of our fruit, cut what needs cut & mix some of it together in a big container. This makes for super easy snacks & sides for all of Harper's meals. I swear she loves colorful food too, so the more the merrier! Our favorites are strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapple, peaches, raspberries, kiwi & mango.
3. Good summer music playlists. I love having music at my fingertips for every activity, including pool, working out & even cooking breakfast on Sunday mornings. Most of these contain lots of old & new country with a little bit of Bob Marley, all very summery! :)
4. Iced Passion Fruit Tea from Starbucks. I order half black tea, half passion tea, iced with no sweetener. It is so refreshing! I used to drink this when I was pregnant too because there is no caffeine in passion fruit tea! YUM.
5. Maxi Dresses. Currently loving this ombre maxi & these colorful pleated maxi skirts that can be worn dressed up with a tank & jewelry or dressed down with a white v-neck tee.
6. Having a tan! While I do love to get a little sun, I am definitely pro-sunscreen, so I sometimes have to improvise. I use L'Oreal Sublime Bronze for instant color & Jergens Natural Glow Firming Lotion as an everyday gradual lotion. Don't worry, they fixed the smell!! :)
7. Homemade popsicles. I really wanted to get a Zoku, but opted for Norpro Ice Pop Maker instead. So far, I LOVE IT. I made these popsicles using lemonade & strawberries, they were a big hit! I am excited make up some fun recipes with it!


Sorry about the chippy nailpolish. (My BFF Whitney is cringing at this right now, I just know it) However, this is one of my favorite nail polishes of all time, Rimmel Steel Gray. It's the perfect charcoal/taupe/purple color that feels Fall-ish, but is light enough to rock in the summer! :)

If you want even more summer inspiration, you can follow my Sweet Summertime board on Pinterest, which will surely make you want to escape to the beach & sip on something with an umbrella in it right away. 


 Hope you all are enjoying the first few weeks of summer as much as we are, before the heat starts ruining it for all of us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment