Valentine's Day Goodies

I am a sucker for Valentine's Day, all of the bright colors & cheerful prints bring just a little glimmer of Spring! So today we are rounding up some of our favorite goodies to make your Valentine's Day just a little extra festive, including some giant heart shaped balloons & the most amazing smelling candle that has ever existed!


My new obsession with mittens might just be enough to make me love the cold weather for just a little bit longer! A really little bit.

If you follow me on Instagram (@jlgarvin) you may have already guessed what we did with our afternoon. A snow day in Georgia!!!  When I picked Harper up from school today she could hardly contain her excitement, screaming "Whoooooaaa! Pretty!" as we drove home. Of course, as soon as I saw the first flake I ran outside & put a bowl on the porch so we could collect snow to make snow cream!! I didn't realize at the time that it was going to snow two full inches, so my bowl was buried. But, we did make snow cream & it was just as delicious as I remembered. Such a fun treat for kids (and pregnant ladies) of all ages.


Our snow cream recipe is simple: 1/2 cup of half & half, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, a splash of pure vanilla extract & 4-6 cups of freshly fallen snow! :)

Despite a few fistfulls of snow in the face & approximately eighty changes of clothes, we had a blast playing outside. Hoping that it manages to stick around for one more day so we can pretend (ok barely pretending) that we are snowed in & do more fun stuff. You know my motto!

0 comments:

Post a Comment