Nursery Plans for Baby Girl

As soon as I found out that we were having another girl, I knew that I wanted her nursery to be totally different than Harper's was. I knew we would reuse our Jenny Lind crib, glider & changing table but, they are all very neutral so they are easy to work with. We decided to go with white walls, bright, bold pops of purple, natural wood tones & gold accents!!! So so so excited for this color combo!

This shade of purple is hard. I have always loved it but always shy away since it's impossible to find multiple things in the same shade. I like to refer to it as "neon lilac," can't remember where I saw that once, but it stuck with me & I feel like it describes the color that I am always drawn to just perfectly. Then all of a sudden Radiant Orchid is the color of the year, so there are beautiful shades of purple everywhere! This is where the fun part comes in. In order to really incorporate all of the colors that I wanted, I decided to paint my own giant canvas to hang above the crib! I haven't painted since college, so it was really fun to get everything out again & make something special for the room. I am so happy with the way it turned out & hope that it is a piece of art that we can keep around forever!


And, with the most fun collaboration ever, I got to work with my sweet friend Erin of Candy Kirby Designs to come up with the most beautiful fabric inspired by the painting! I can't wait to share more details!! Do you spy some of the fabric tucked in the basket?! :)

Here is the look we are going for in the space!
I will be using a gold lacquer tray that I already had on the changing table to hold some essentials, along with a few neutral baskets around the room to hold books & stuffed animals. I have loved these star print swaddle blankets forever so I am excited to use them in the room, along with a gold polka dot sheet for the crib. Swoon! I am still on the hunt for the perfect crib skirt & changing pad cover.
I also love the idea of a gold leather pouf as the ottoman to the glider, but not so sure how functional it would be, especially for the high price. And of course, a tissue tassel garland is a must! :)

 Here are a few "before" pictures of the room, it is a little bigger than Harper's but gets less light. I haven't decided if I really like the archway window, but it is getting covered either way by bamboo blinds (the same ones we have in our dining room) because I want the light to be blocked out for the baby to be able to sleep.


Next steps are assembling Harper's big girl bed, moving it to her room & putting the crib in here as soon as the paint is fully finished. Then we will work on window treatments, adding a rug & continuing to switch furniture from one room to another. Good thing we still have three months.

Hope you enjoyed the first little bits of baby girl's nursery! I can't wait to see all the other amazing Radiant Orchid goodies that pop up over the next few months that we may be able to incorporate in the room! :)
XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment