Embracing 2014.

 My word of the year for 2014 is Embrace.
 
Updated: alphabet puzzle can be found here.

When I wrote out my list of New Year's resolutions, it seemed that all of them pointed in the direction of making life easier. When in reality, life for us is about to get quite a bit crazier.  With another baby on the way, we will once again be entering into new territory as parents, uncharted waters of navigating through this world as a family of four. And while I am more excited than ever, I am also a little bit terrified. I tend to set unrealistic expectations for myself & then dwell on things when they go wrong, which can be suffocating for me & unfair to my family. But this year, I am going to change that by embracing the unknown & the uncertainty. Embracing the chaos, the messes & the imperfections.

I am going to make 2014 count with more listening, learning & playing. Less multitasking. More peanut butter sandwich picnics on the kitchen floor. More days where we forget to change out of our pajamas. More rocking my babies to sleep instead of rushing through bedtime routines.  More balancing. Less juggling. Our babies will only be babies for so long, so my goal as a mom is to clear my busy mind & focus on living in the moment.

I am going to embrace today, because these are the days of our lives.

Here's how the linkup works:
First, you can head to each of the hostess' sites & check out their posts. Then, share your answers to one (or all) of the following prompts on your own blog.
1. What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year & what is your plan for making it happen?
2. Many people chose a word to reflect on, live by or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it & how you plan to incorporate it into 2014.
3. I will make 2014 count by...
You can then link up on any one of the hostess' sites. Our links will be interlinked which means that your post will be displayed on all of our sites.
And if you want to share on Instagram, use hashtag #making2014count.

The Hostesses:
How to linkup?
1. Write your blog post.
2. Copy your URL that links to your post.
3. See where it says "click here to enter"? Click there & follow the instructions.
4. Mingle other posts & make new friends!
This linky list is now closed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment