My Christmas Playlist & Other Holiday Ramblings



Christmas decor has already been sprinkled around the house! Most of it so far is in HARPER'S ROOM!! Her room is getting a full Holiday makeover and will be finished in just a few days! I can't wait to post pictures! As for the rest of the house, I hung a garland on the fireplace and put out a few other things here & there. But we will wait to put up the trees until the day after Thanksgiving.. after we come home from mad Black Friday shopping!

What prompted me to be decorating this early?? Christmas music, of course! As soon as I turned on my favorite playlist on the old iPod... festiveness went into overdrive! These are my top picks (and favorite versions of each). I don't eff around when it comes to picking my Christmas jams... you better believe I've put as much thought into this as I did in writing my wedding vows or naming my first born child.

Dreaming of a White Christmas by Otis Redding (from Love Actually, my favorite Christmas song!)
Baby, It's Cold Outside by Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel
Pennies From Heaven by Louis Prima (Elf Soundtrack... the whole thing is a must have!)
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
Happy Christmas by John Lennon
Silver Bells by Kenny G
I'll Be Home For Christmas by Michael Buble
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee (Best enjoyed while dancing around the room with a cardboard Michael Jordan standup)
Joy To The World by Mariah Carey
Please Come Home For Christmas by The Eagles
Frosty the Snowman by Burl Ives
Spirit of Christmas by Ray Charles (Best enjoyed while wearing an old sweater, watching family movies in your attic)
Santa Claus is Coming To Town by Bruce Springsteen (virtual fist pound to anyone who agrees that this is one of the best songs of all time!)
The Grinch by Thurl Ravenscroft
Sleigh Ride by Ella Fitzgerald
Dreaming of a White Christmas by Bing Crosby (I know this song is already on the list, but this version is a must have too... so go put some aftershave on your face & sing this into your comb for a second go 'round)
Oh Holy Night by Mariah Carey
Little Saint Nick by The Beach Boys
I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas by Gayla Peevey
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Mel Torme (yep, Home Alone style)
Carol of the Bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra
Run Run Rudolph by Luke Bryan (random, I know, but this version is the bomb)

Notice what is not on this list? Last Christmas by Wham! and any version of Feliz Navidad. I'd rather run my head into a wall than listen to five seconds of either song.

In other news, Harper has her first unicorn horn pigtail!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment