Trick or Treat!

May we introduce you to Miss Harper, the flamingo.

  
We had the absolute best time tonight at a trick-or-treat event at our church, where Harper got to dress up, ooh-and-ahh at all the fun costumes & decorations, and best of all, fill up her little pumpkin bucket with goodies!

Let's talk about the costume. I really wanted to make her costume myself, but not only are there not enough hours in the day but I also can't sew. I had been thinking about a flamingo for weeks but wasn't sure how I'd pull it off. I ended up finding this flamingo costume at the Pottery Barn Kids Outlet (it was part of their Halloween collection from last year) on sale for only $12.
I liked it, but thought it needed a little sprucing up! ;)

 
So I used gold glitter puffy paint for the beak (the orange & yellow reminded me of a tucan), added some pink tulle in between the felt layers & cut up a pink boa for a little feathery flair! A hot glue gun was my weapon of choice.
 

The weather was absolutely beautiful & she actually loved her costume. She even let me paint her nails pink! She kept spinning in circles & barking like a dog because that's her favorite animal sound. Ever met a pink bird that says "arf, arf?!" :)

Plus, you know I got a little extra excited about Harper's costume matching her stroller.


 We walked over to the church where we were greeted with lots of fun candy booths, festive music & tons of cuties in their costume. Harper also discovered her love for mini Tootsie Pops!
My heart is so full, I could not stop smiling listening to her say trick-or treat "chicky-chee!" to everyone. There is nothing like seeing holidays through a child's eyes! I live for nights like this.


 Harper loved all the festivities & especially loved counting her loot on the walk home! 


And, as exciting as Halloween week already is, we have some more exciting news to share with you!  4moms is hosting a Halloween Photo Contest where one lucky winner will get to light up the night with a 4moms Origami Stroller! All you have to do is submit a photo of your babe (or bump!) dressed up for Halloween on their Facebook page! :) 

Good Luck & HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEK!!!!

This post was in partnership with 4moms, however all opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment