Harper's 2nd Birthday

So hard to believe our sweet baby girl turned TWO this weekend! We had the best time celebrating our little lady with our friends, family & a few of of her little buddies as well. We kept asking her all morning, "how old are you today!?" and she would say "two!" and hold out her hand, crossing her index & middle fingers. The sweetest thing!


I've mentioned before, Harper's favorite things are balloons, stickers & animals, so I just wanted to make sure we had tons of each on her special day! 
We didn't have a theme necessarily, I had planned on using lots of black & white but fell in love with the little capelet that I found last Fall. I wanted to incorporate some of the jade/mint from that, so we painted some plastic "party animals" during Christmas, then pulled in some pinks & golds. I used two striped blankets from Ikea as table cloths & some gold chargers that I already had. Target had tons of matching party supplies so we picked up cups, straws & a few fun lanterns.
I made vanilla & coconut cupcakes, a strawberry cake & a mini cake for Harper. I picked up a box of pre-made rice krispie squares from the publix bakery & dipped them in almond bark, then added cake pop sticks & some DIY tissue tassles to dress them up a bit. I also made some "party animal" crackers since we loved them so much last year. It was her favorite treat & she carried her little cup around so carefully all morning.


Harper's mini four layer cake was my favorite, she had so much fun helping me make frosting &  putting her own sprinkles on in the morning.


I may have teared up a little while singing happy birthday, she was just too sweet looking at her birthday candles & blowing them out!


And then, of course, she went face first into the frosting!

 



The weather was beautiful in the afternoon, so after a bath & a long nap, we got to take balloons outside & play. It was such a fun party & most importantly, Harper loved every second of it!



Harper Eve, we love you more than words can say. You are the sweetest, silliest, spunkiest little girl around. You amaze us every day, and although we would love for time to stand still so we can keep you this little forever, we can't wait to see what's in store for you as you grow up. 
You have a heart of gold, baby girl.
Happy 2nd Birthday!!!

Sources
Maternity Dress from Asos (similar here)

Please do not pin or share images of Harper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment