Makeup & Skincare Favorites

These days, my favorite beauty products are really just chapstick, sunglasses & a hat. But since I do have to leave the house on occasion, I have a small stash of beauty products that I really love & am excited to share with you!
With any makeup or beauty product, I will rarely buy something unless I have heard rave reviews about it & I love hearing what other moms, bloggers or makeup artists recommend. So these are my picks, all are honest reviews, things that I love & things that work well for my (extra sensitive) skin.



My makeup routine starts with cleanser, I use either Philosophy Purity (which leaves my skin feeling seriously so soft & kicks ass at removing eye makeup) or my new favorite, Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair Daily Cleanser (this is an exfoliator, but is amazing at removing all of my makeup, smells so good & has tons additional skin benefits). I use Olay Regenerist Serum under my makeup as both a moisturizer, wrinkle fighter & for the smooth, velvety texture it leaves behind.

BB Creams are my favorite. Really, it's like the best thing that ever happened to makeup for moms. One quick application evens skin tone & covers imperfections without looking like you piled on tons of foundation, they blend well & most of them have lots of additional skin benefits (like SPF or acne fighters). I've tried a few brands, L'Oreal is a great one but they have really limited colors (like light, medium & dark) which I didn't feel matched my skin color very well. I am loving the Smashbox Camera Ready BB (in Fair or Light/Medium depending on the time of year) though, it's a little bit on the thicker side but I really love the way it looks. I tackle dark undereye circles with Nars Creamy Concealer (in Vanilla), which I seriously can not say enough good things about this brand, all of their makeup is amazing (unfortunately a little on the pricey side though), including their Bronzer (in Laguna) that I have also used for years.

Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush Powder has been one of my favorite makeup products for years, my sis-in-law introduced me to it forever ago & I have loved it ever since! It is an easy-to-apply powder that covers really well & looks great worn alone. They recently discontinued the one I have shown above (tears were shed) but I was told that this may be the replacement for it, almost identical powder, just with a different applicator.

I love Sonia Kashuk blush because it has a really pretty matte finish & comes in lots of different shades of pink, plus you can find them at Target, which is always a bonus! And they last forever because just a tiny bit goes a long way. I don't wear eyeshadow very often, but Stila shadows are my favorite. They blend easily & last forever, plus the colors are so pretty & can double as a highlighter! My favorites are Kitten (for more of a nude pink) & Oasis (more of a nude gold), and on the rare occasion that I am actually trying to achieve a darker/smokey eye, I love their Jewel Shadow (in black).

I have used L'Oreal Liquid Eyeliner for years, I feel like it stays on so much better than pencils & the felt tip makes it easy to apply a very thin line of it. For mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous is my go-to since it is super affordable, which I love because it's probably the one makeup item I use most often. But my overall favorite is Buxom Lash & I especially love using the two of them together. And, I don't really wear lip color other than the occasional nude gloss, but I am mostly just a chapstick hoarder.

I hope you have found this helpful or maybe found a few new beauty basics that you may want to try in your next makeup rotation. I'm pretty loyal to these items but if you have something that is a must try, be sure to let us all in on the secret!! ;) 
For now, I am off to sniffle my way through the day as I battle my 60923849th cold of the season & attempt not to drown while I try my very first Neti Pot. Happy Hump day friends!! XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment