Soaking Up 2013

I had a total Christmas Vacation "Mele-Kalikimaka" moment the other morning at breakfast. Staring out the window, I pictured a sunny summer day, Brandon grilling while Harper plays with her water table. And me, with a death grip on a glass of wine, wearing jean shorts & a new baby snuggled into my chest. And for the record, I also had a tan.
Then I flashed back to the present, pregnant, wearing five layers of clothes & eating bacon for breakfast while it is 40 degrees outside. Woof. I know, you totally saw this coming. Christmas is over, which means I am already looking forward to Spring. But this year, one of my New Year's resolutions is to take it easy this year & not wish away any of this precious time. To not rush around so much trying to get things done or make things happen. To make time to do more things on Harper's list than my own, more time to let her play & explore rather than just trying to squeeze it in between getting groceries & other obligations.


Black & White Heart Scarf \\ Leggings \\ Gold Moccasins c/o Freshly Picked \\ Zigzag Stripe Scarf 

As a compulsive planner & list maker, I love New Years resolution time. I'm going to write mine, but this year, I'm going to make a point to wait until 2013 is over. We are going to soak up the last little bit of this amazing year, which most certainly includes finishing all the rest of the Christmas cookies. And we are going to track pine needles right into the New Year with us, because I'm sure as hell not taking that pretty tree down quite yet.
Don't get me wrong, I am ready for change. A fresh start, a new planner & some party horn blowers! But for now, before we all decide that it's time to eat healthy, exercise more & get organized, I'm going to call it a day. Or a year, for that matter. ;)
Happy New Year's Eve Eve!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment