26 Weeks

I know I am one week behind on posting - I have been so busy with work & holiday party invitations that I haven't had time to blog at all! 27 Week mark was on Wednesday, plan to upload the pic & post while stuffing my face with Thanksgiving leftovers this weekend :)

How far along? 26 Weeks
Total weight gain: 17 lbs+
Maternity clothes? wearing leggings most of the time - also looking extra sexy by flipping up my yoga pants fold-over-flap up over my belly

Stretch marks? not yet
Sleep: sleeping great, I do wake up with sore hips & shoulders from sleeping on my side, but I really have to say that buying a tempur-pedic earlier this year might be a life saver right now
Best moment this week: making major progress on the nursery (crib finally came!) & having Thanksgiving dinner a week early

Miss Anything? drooling over the seasonal beers at the grocery store these days.. also starting to miss going for a good solid run or a sweaty workout.. I don't have the energy to do much these days in terms of working out, not to mention the dr. recommends not doing anything too strenuous. Looking forward to getting in shape in the spring :)
Movement: all the time, we are so entertained feeling her move around when we lay in bed at night. She is definitely a night owl.. mostly moving late at night, when I wake up in the middle of the night I feel her & also she is a wiggle worm early in the morning. I'm sure that's a little preview of my soon-to-be sleep schedule in a few months.
Food cravings: french toast!! Smelled like maple syrup outside, therefore I immediately had to make it for dinner - turns out my glucose test was the next morning so before I went to bed I read the instructions for the next day ...apparently you're supposed to "eat a very balanced dinner the night before your test, with lots of fruits, veggies & protein." Well... fucked that up.
Anything making you queasy or sick: tacos - still pissed about the gross tacos & horse fly incident.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Rib pain is getting pretty uncomfortable these days.. assuming that is only going to get way worse. Heartburn lingers ALL day long no matter what I eat... cereal & milk for breakfast? Boom! Heartburn. Fantastic.
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off? on - so surprised I don't have swollen fingers/toes yet. Although I have some real sausages to begin with, so I'm not sure how much worse they can get.
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY! Sometimes I feel like I might burst with happiness...sounds cheesy... but so true.
Looking forward to: more turkey, black Friday shopping, starting our classes at the hospital...and going to Iowa for the Holidays! :)



Side note about the Glucose Test for Gestational Diabetes - It was not that bad!! I heard sooo many horror stories about how awful the stuff tastes & how torturous it is to sit there with only that on an empty stomach. Honestly, it tasted like I woke up & slammed a flat Orange Sunkist soda. I didn't mind it at all. The only thing that sucked was that I couldn't eat breakfast...  I wanted a jelly donut so bad. And for the record, I did eat apples & egg whites with my french toast the night before.. so doc said it should not skew my results one bit. Hoping I pass with flying colors so I can safely indulge in sweets for the rest of my pregnancy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment