Nursery Plans

I am so so so excited about the babe's room!! I have been searching & searching for the perfect item to get my plans in place... and then one day.. I found the most perfect fabric in the whole wide world! Amy Butler Honeycomb in Linen... BEYOND! :) I wanted to go very simple with the bedding, white bed sheets since they will need changed often & a fun crib skirt. The fabric I chose is a pale pink & off white linen pattern, very modern. Mixed with the white Jenny Lind crib, it will make the most perfect bed skirt!! I also ordered a matching baby blanket with white chenille on the other side. LOVE!! 
Here is my vision for the nursery so far:



 Along with the white crib & Amy Butler fabric for the bedding - we chose a pale grey for the walls, just enough to make the white trim & furniture pop. The color is "Toasted White" by Glidden. We then chose a charcoal grey glider - so obsessed - which has a very vintage yet modern feel... which is exactly what I want for the room! It was much pricier than we had hoped, but I was in love with the style & Brandon was in love with the comfort. Win Win! Convincing him to buy anything expensive is a chore and a half... so when he said yes... mama had to just roll with it! :) The glider can be found here  if you are interested.

Last, in order to bring in some fun colors, I went with this custom paper banner, 15' in length incorporating all the shades of white, grey & pink that I am using in the room, with some old book pages and some teal & yellow as well! I LOVE it! I am planning on putting a mirror above the changing table, so the plan is to drape the garland over top.

I also want to make some more fun nursery prints to make a small collage on the other wall with some modern white ikea frames & fun prints like the one below.. available in my etsy shop!
  
Right now I am giving myself a pat on the back for not using only black, white & grey in the room! I know, mom, you're proud too! :) 

Now, a question for all of the mama's out there, what other items are MUST HAVES for the nursery? Any favorite products out there that I should know of? 

I tried convincing my husband that we needed a $60 porcelain gnome night light ... he decided that I was only in love with it because the product was called "Gnome Alone." Bahahahahahahah! He might be right.

But I still might get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment