24 Week Update


How far along?  24 weeks


Total weight gain:  Bump has grown again this week and as I said last week I feel like my bum and legs are growing to accommodate the weight of the tummy I guess!

Maternity clothes?  Nothing new at all this week.. still trying to get the most wear out of my stretchy dresses whilst this heatwave is still here!

Stretch marks?  None still but I know 24 weeks and up is quite a crucial stretch mark period so I am expecting to start seeing some soon if I am going to get them.  I mentioned in my last update that my belly button was really hurting and felt like it was going to stretch and pop out but the pain disappeared this week and my belly button has remained sort of in and sort of flat - so who know what its going to do!

Sleep:  I slept really well this week but I can feel the extreme tiredness I felt in the first trimester starting to creep back in which SUCKS. I am so not ready for it to come back there is so much I need to do!!  Hopefully its just because of the heat and busy days at work and my energy levels will be back to normal soon

Best moment this week:  Mr H felt the BIGGEST kick from Harry one night this week in bed!  He rarely feels him kick as he tends to stop as soon as he puts his hand there so that was a lovely moment.  OH and of course the Royal Baby's arrival was a big highlight!

Worst moment this week:  I had another little bleed which sucked! However this time it wasn't as much as was in my urine.  I took a trip up to the maternity ward and after a few hours wait I was told I had a nasty bladder infection!  Anyone who has had one of these before knows the agony you experience and how uncomfortable it is, well in pregnancy it feels 10 x worse!  I have been prescribed antibiotics so hopefully they will clear it up nice and quickly

Miss anything?  Again this week I am missing my old figure!  I miss some of my "skinny" clothes as much as i love my bump!

Movement: He moves like crazy constantly now!  When I was at the hospital and the midwife was listening in with the doppler he was kicking it loads!  So cute

Food cravings:  Cold Coke but I am now not allowed to drink it due to the bladder infection which SUCKS!  I guess it is good for me not to be drinking it but I can't help what I crave!!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nothing this week

Gender: Boy!!

Labor signs: None

Symptoms:  Much the same as last week, pretty bad back ache and not being able to get comfortable.  I am sure I have started to walk funny too!?  

Belly button in or out?  As above, slightly in and slightly flat!

Happy or moody most of the time?  Really happy now we know what the bleeding was about and my little boy is safe and well

Looking forward to:  AGAIN.. moving house!

Bump:











0 comments:

Post a Comment