Sleep Update: 18 Months

Before getting into all the super exciting sleep talk,  I just wanted to take a second to thank you all again for all of the sweet comments on recent blog posts & Instagram photos, emails & purchases from my Etsy shop. I'll never be able to express how grateful we are for all of your kindness & support. You all truly put a huge smile on my face each day & I can't tell you how much I love hearing that you've been inspired by my blog. A huge thank you from the bottom of my heart!! :)


A few things have changed over the past few weeks, making 18 months a pretty big milestone for our little lady. 
First, and most exciting, Harper is paci free! She has always had a pacifier for bed & naptime since she was a baby, we never really let her run around with it or have it any other time, but it has always calmed her so much. On car rides or when she is over tired, plugging in the paci sends her right to sleep. Lately I've noticed that it's on the floor or in her crib when she wakes up, but she rarely sleeps with it in her mouth. Our ped mentioned that we should wean her from it by the time she is two, so the other night, on a whim, we decided to try not giving it to her. Guess what happened? She fell right to sleep just like normal. Same happened the next day for her nap & bedtime the next night. So, we washed them all & packed them away. Um? Talk about anticlimactic! I know all kids are different, but if you are stressing about it (like I was) maybe just give it a try? It might be easier than you think! ;)

We've also packed away her bottles, as she just drinks her milk from her straw cups before bed. Again, super easy transition, she was only upset once about it but took it like a champ. She gets a few bedtime stories (Belly Button Book is her favorite, she even says bee-bo!), songs & a prayer before bed. Then she sleeps with just a small stuffed animal & two or three small blankets. I didn't start letting her have blankets in bed until the last month or two, but they are all of the breathable muslin material. She loves snuggling with them!


Harper has also officially transitioned to only one nap. This really was a hard transition, for both of us. We went back & forth between morning, late afternoon & napping right through lunch time. Sometimes after her morning nap, I thought we were good to go & would attempt taking her to the mall or out for a late lunch. Then of course she would lose her marbles & have a total hey-lady-its-my-naptime-meltdown wherever we were. But we worked through it & finally got her heading down for her afternoon nap around 1:30 each day & sleeping for at least two to three hours. She still sleeps through the night & has even been sleeping in a little later each day since going down to one nap (from about 8pm-8am). Sounds crazy, but I am loving the one long nap much more than two.

Of course, we can't have a sleep post without rounding up the cutest jams on the block! I am so happy there are new pajamas to buy, Harper has outgrown so many of my favorite pairs & I have hated packing them away! I am loving all of these bright colors & patterns for the Fall!
And if you haven't tried a pair of these Giggle striped organic pajamas, you are missing out. They are my absolute favorite, so stretchy (easy to put on fresh out of the bath tub!) & so incredibly soft. Well worth the money!!

One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven

And if you loved Harper's Fox Pajamas from last Fall, they are back in stock this year! I love buying the same things in bigger sizes, it makes for such cute pictures to compare! :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment