Harper's First Birthday Party!

It doesn't seem possible, but our sweet baby girl has officially turned one year old. I can hardly remember what life was like before her, she is our whole world. Time truly flies when you're having fun!


Happy Birthday, Harper Eve! You are the sweetest, silliest, most fun little girl in the whole world. You are so beautiful, your eyes & smile light up the room! This year has been incredible & we can't wait to see what each new day brings with you in it. We love you to infinity and beyond! 


We want to thank you all so much for the sweet comments about her first birthday!! We had such a blast celebrating with our friends & family, and this sweet little kiddo certainly enjoyed herself as well! Her birthday extravaganza was so much fun! I'm excited to finally share some pictures! :)


We went to town with our pink ombre theme & I think it turned out pretty perfect! We had subs catered so that we could put all the focus on the desserts. We had cupcakes, dipped strawberry wafer cookies & lots of pink cake! Little kiddos got to tote around pink paper cups full of cheerios & frosted animal crackers! :)

pink ombre first birthday party smash cake

My ombre balloon vision was not all that I hoped it would be... looking at the pictures now I'm almost laughing at the outcome. 

pink ombre first birthday party smash cake

pink ombre first birthday party smash cake

paper straws

cupcake toppers

Harper's outfit was my favorite part of the whole day!! I worked with some fantastic Etsy shops to help me make my vision come to life & I loved how it all turned out!! She was such a little ham running around in her tutu. Such a doll baby.




After she got to visit with all of the guests, it was smash cake time! She couldn't quite figure out why she had such an audience & the singing scared the shit out of her.

birthday chalkboard




She didn't waste any time, as soon as we took the flaming pink candles out of the cake, she slapped her hand right on top. 


I had to sneak in and cut out a big piece so we could finally see how the pink ombre turned out! I made her cakes myself the night before. I actually just used two store bought white cake mixes for this one & added in this pink food coloring starting with the darkest mixture first. For the frosting, I also took the semi-easy-way-out and bought a big bag of buttercream icing from Publix! I used the same food coloring to make a few different shades of pink & then just went to town trying to frost it perfectly. It was a bit of a mess but I loved how it turned out. It was topped with this edible gold glitter.



She could not get enough of this cake, she smashed her face right into it!



Of course we were all dying just watching her chow down on her cake... and you better believe there were tears when I finally had to take it away. I swear she would have eaten the entire thing if I would have let her! I thought for sure we would be in for a pink ombre puke-a-thon after that hot mess.

At the end of the party, our guests took home mini bags of popcorn & cotton candy as party favors!



All in all, the party turned out to be so much fun & so very festive! I loved planning it & am already looking forward to next year! Thank you all again for all of the sweet birthday wishes to Harper! More to come on our Valentine's Day & Birthday Eve festivities! :) XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment