Nursery Progress

 We have been working so hard on the nursery & I'm so glad we got an early start on it. All of a sudden the Holidays are here & everything has come to a screeching halt. We will not be able to work on the room again until early/mid January - only a month away from D-Day. 

I can't wait to share pictures of the entire room, but for now, here is a little sneak peek of the crib with some of the bedding! I am so super, duper in love with the way this turned out! :) I know, I am missing a mattress... add that to the list of things we still need.

 One of the biggest things left on our to-do list is to pick out letters to put above the crib spelling out Little G's name. We DID make a decision but have decided to keep it a surprise until her arrival. I used to hate when people said that, but I totally get it now. We want to make sure the name fits her & also want to avoid hearing "oh...that's different...." or "I knew a girl with that name... she was strange & ate chalk all the time..." or other stories like that. 

I am currently leaning towards the Zinc letters at Anthropologie - which I loved even before I got pregnant. I feel like they would be such a perfect addition to the room. But WHOA they are pricey... a whopping $18 a piece! Maybe we should have picked a shorter name :) I love the font style & finish... but also wonder if I should do something more traditional.. or make some myself. Thoughts?
An Updated Things To Do List:
Paint the room (Toasted White by Glidden)
Pick out new light fixture
Buy a rug
Purchase all furniture
Hang Shelving (we chose these shelves & painted them white)
Stock Changing Table (not sure what all even goes in here!)
Make & Hang Tissue Poms
Make Artwork
Hang Mirror & Frames
Accessorize

Here is the somewhat organized armoire - I purchased the storage compartments from Ikea & they totally help keep things in place.

 

Here is a picture of a print I made a while back that will hang in the room - it says "Today I Will Be Happier Than a Bird With a French Fry." Love that saying so much!

I won't even go into the "To Buy" list... I can't even wrap my head around that one yet. I still need lots of accessories, a night light, an end table, a mattress and a chicken burrito. And some other stuff. I could settle for just the burrito though at this point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment