28 Weeks


How far along? 28 Weeks
Total weight gain: 17 lbs+ (find out official weight gain tomorrow)
Maternity clothes? mostly my regular clothes with a few maternity items mixed in

Stretch marks? no, although I about shat the other day when I thought I saw a giant, red deep one on my side, turns out it was from my shirt seam that was clearly waytootight.
Sleep: still sleeping great
Best moment this week: officially rolling into the third trimester - I can't express how excited I am to meet my sweet baby girl

Miss Anything? I miss wearing all of my christmas pajamas & shirts! apparently pregnant girls can't really rock the full-body-zip-up-footed-pajama so well
Movement: all the time, especially at night, which I hear is common
Food cravings: I may or may not have eaten an entire bag of candy cane/peppermint hershey's kisses
Anything making you queasy or sick: ew I can't even type red meat without gagging just a little (sorry hubby, no tacos for dinner any time soon)
Gender: Girl - and she MIIIIGGGGHHHHTTT have a name!
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Still lots of heartburn, but I can hardly complain about that. Restless legs if I stay up late, rib pain & some pain in my hips/tailbone.. but nothing too painful or bothersome.
Belly Button in or out? can't decide, but it sure is funny looking
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy.. although the random mood swings are happening a bit more frequently. I maturely kicked our car's tire and ROARED the other day  when I was getting frustrated trying to put all my shopping bags in the car.
Looking forward to: the Holidays of course! Can't believe it's only a few more weeks away...and then after that only about six weeks until my due date! Sometimes I feel as if I've been pregnant forever... but right now I'm thinking where has the time gone?!


Must share pregnant story of the week:
My husband & I were getting in bed the other night... when he so sweetly, enthusiastically says "So, do you want to get a BUNGALO?!?" 
Me: huh??
Brandon: a bungalo. do you want one??
Me: what are you talking about?
Brandon: you know, the person who comes to the birth to help you and coach you through labor..........
Me: (spitting water out of my mouth all over the bed) you mean, a doula?
Brandon: oh. YEAH! 


Maybe you had to be there, but literally it might have been the funniest conversation of my entire life. I had the giggles all night & couldn't fall asleep because of it. And on that topic, for any of the moms out there, did you have a doula? With us living here in GA, we don't have any family and most likely nobody will make it here in time for the birth, so it will be just my husband & our good friend who I have asked to come take pictures for us. I originally thought about hiring a doula, but after our all day birth classes this weekend, I really do feel like I have much more knowledge & am feeling a bit more confident, so I really that we can do it on our own. Who did you have in the room with you?


And last, but not least, I really, really, REALLY wish I had 123 glittery coffee-sleeves to give away. But unfortunately I have only been able to find one! Thank you to everyone who left comments!! Using random.org, commenter number 40 is the winner.... Allyssa!
Allyssa, send me an email at jandpaper@gmail.com with your address so I can send your little treat to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment