Books for Baby

 They say that baby girl can hear us talking & that we should start reading to her while she's still in the oven. How ridiculous! But I'll probably do it :) I LOVE children's books!!

Image via Pinterest.

I started thinking the other day about all of the books we will want to buy to build up her book collection. My favorite books from when I was a kid include If You Give a Moose A Muffin (or a Mouse a cookie.. or a Pig a Pancake.. or a Pregnant Girl a Burrito...), Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Shel Silverstein Poetry & Dr. Seuss's The Hair Book! My grandma used to read The Hair Book to me all the time when I was little, not sure why I was so obsessed with it. Maybe because I had hair down to my butt like the girl in the book. All of these books are a MUST!
 Some of our other favorites that we need to get our hands on for the mini library include:

Where the Wild Things Are
The Velveteen Rabbit
Eloise
Harold & The Purple Crayon (tell me someone else remembers this book?!)
Cordouroy
The Very Hungry Caterpillar (and all Eric Carle Books)
Curious George

I know I am missing lots of other great children's books.. I will have to add to the list as I go along. I also really want to find a cute way to display some books in the nursery without going overboard. I thought about just putting a few in a wire basket by the glider. I love this display from Martha Stewart!

Yesterday was the start of week 21 - which apparently brought rib pain along with it? Boo, if this is just the tip of the discomfort iceberg, I am in hot water!

0 comments:

Post a Comment