Nursery Planning

Today I decided that I should start collecting all of my random nursery thoughts & start putting together a plan for what I want to do with the big empty white room upstairs. I want to get some of the basic items picked out & in the room so that I can focus on accessorizing! We wont know the gender for sure until September 7th, our big 3D/4D ultrasound, so none of the accessories can be bought until then anyway.

Every single nursery picture that I love has something in common: a white Jenny Lind crib. This is the one must-have item for the nursery & I am so excited to get it in the room! The three other must have items that I love include:
Tissue Poms for the mobile
white changing table - hopefully something unique that we can repurpose
tallboy dresser - thinking an antique dark wood

This has always been my favorite nursery inspiration picture! Soooo loving the poms, will probably do blues & whites if it is a boy, but definitely these colors if it is a girl!

 The other thing I really want is super colorful crib bedding!! I love how whimsical this nursery looks with the white vintage crib & the bunting banner. I love the mix of patterns, I have been scoping out some pretty amazing Amy Butler fabrics lately & hope to get some custom made bedding when we are ready!


I also LOVE the nursery below with the Jenny Lind crib & all of the fun, colorful artwork in the white frames! MUST paint something for the nursery. I'm sure I will go in with the intentions of creating something super elaborate & will end up with a silhouette of a giraffe on a canvas. I love the look of mixing modern prints & frames with vintage furniture. That is exactly the type of the nursery that I hope to create!


I will be spending the next few days eating bucketloads of poptarts & garlic bread scoping out craigslist in search of the perfect pieces for the room... so stay tuned! 

{images via project nursery, on to baby & the little green notebook}

0 comments:

Post a Comment