Nursery Layout & Changing Table Find!

More nursery planning! Brandon & I took the tape measure upstairs and started mapping out where everything will go, so that we could decide what type of furniture we would be looking for in terms of a changing table & dresser.
Based on the layout of the room, we decided to go for a long changing table & then a smaller dresser with some shelves above it. Here is the basic layout of the room & planned placement of all the furniture.



I knew I wanted to repurpose something as a changing table, I wanted something bigger with closed doors and not shelving for baskets.  For only $100, we scored this awesome buffet table on craigslist!! Granted, we did have to drive to the ghetttttto of Atlanta to retrieve it, BUT well worth it. I love how it is big enough for a changing pad plus room for other stuff on top, and there are shelves inside the sliding doors so we have plenty of room for storage. AND I can vacuum under it! :)

The plan is to paint it white & replace the hardware - woohoo for it only having two so I wont feel bad buying some $18 fancy shmancy knobs from anthropologie! :)  I plan to do a gallery wall above the table & put a fun tray of other necessities on top like the adorable set up below! 

{image via lay baby lay}

0 comments:

Post a Comment